Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Night of Firsts, Moms Birthday

What's going on Bull Penners?

So yesterday was a very interesting day. A day of ups and downs. It began with me being robbed of $350 by some scamming company that claims to be a debt collection agency, yeah, that happened. But almost nothing could bring me down seein as how it was my Queen's birthday!
My mom turned 51 years old yesterday and I felt blessed for her. Reaching 50 was a big deal for my mom because her mom only made it to 45. Fuck Cancer! So of course her day was spent answering phone calls from what would seem to be everyone who knows her. Calls and text were coming in, even from Honduras.

My lady and I decided that we would take her out to eat and bring my dad and Rudy along with us. In the evening we arrived at Red Lobster and it marked the first time my girl and I hung out with my whole immediate family. Might not sound like a big deal, but I love that I can share moments of my life like this with her. While at dinner, my pops who I have lived with and known for 26 years made a joke! Several jokes actually. And if you know my pops, then you know that joking is not something he does often. At least not with us! We were all on the salad course of our meal and while picking at it and eatin it he said, "Where's the Beef?" so at first, I did the "Family Guy, Ostrich" laugh, Haaa! But when I realized the reference and recognized that this was him making a funny, I kid you not, I lost it! I literally began to laugh out loud, holdin my stomach falling over in my seat in the excitement of hearing my pops tell a joke! LMFAO! Son, I said to him out loud "I've never in my life heard you make a joke pops!" He began to laugh and just like that I swear I felt the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders. There was no stress, no worries, no anything, just an amazing time spent with my family over dinner. Tears of joy fell from my face and the rest of the dinner went on in the same exact way. Laughing, joking, discussing everyone's lives and where we are, how we're feeling and what we're doing.

It was the first time in a long time that my family and I had come together for something as simple as having dinner and this time I had my girl with me. So dope!
I asked my father "Why did you do this to me man?" In reference to not allowing me to live passed the age of 22 without losing my hair and becoming bald due to his genetic make up. To which he responded "That has nothing to do with me" and continued to enjoy his Lobster and shrimp! Lol
The man was in rare form. Mom was having the time of her life and I even showed her pics of Laila, the dog that we adopted for a few months (Who's name was changed to Leela and now has her own InstaGram!) Lol.

It was the red pedal in my Life or Death Tattoo. (You may have to reference that via this blog site if you're not familiar with what I'm talkin  about)

When the dinner came to an end, the waiters and waitresses sang Happy Birthday to my mom and brought her a dope lookin Strawberry Cheesecake. My pops ate about 80% of it, but I don't think she'd have it any other way.

All in all it was a day that started rough, followed by an evening that ended smooth as hell! I was so grateful for life; not that it's ever very different from that but you feel what I'm sayin. We packed up all the food we didn't eat, especially those crackmazingly awesome biscuits and hit the road back home. I wished my mom a Happy Birthday once again and got ready for bed.

To think I've waited 26 years to let someone pull a fast one on me and take money out of my account, and in the same day celebrate my mothers 51st birthday to the sounds of my father cracking jokes! Life has a very funny way of playin out. Good thing I have a great sense of humor!

Happy Birthday again mom! I Love you!
P.S. My the pic I posted of my mom and I on IG yesterday grossed 70 likes! I've NEVER gotten that many on a pic of myself! F ya'll for that! Lol. Nah, but I say that to say I appreciate those of you who wished her a happy birthday be it through me or to her directly. Bless ya all. 

Stay Up and Stay Tuned!

No comments: