Friday, December 30, 2011

The Last Year

Yo, what's going on Bull Penners? Can ya believe that it's been about 12 months already sine the ball dropped in on 2011? What have ya done with the time? Lol, don't answer that, cause I probably wouldn't answer if I were being asked.

By now I'm sure ya can kinda see where I'm going with it, Yeah, exactly, this is my "Year in review" blog post. Although I'm not talking about national (News) or current events, nor am I discussing the whole year. However there has been change in my life since January of this year. I went back and forth with myself debating whether or not I was gonna even post one of these but at the end of the day I have to remember that this blog serves as a personal journal and I'd like to come back to it someday and remember the things that are fresh in my head at this moment. There was a few great moments for me in 2011, but I just wanna discuss 2 in particular.
So travel for a second with me:

What do ya know about FreeMasonry? Matter fact, don't answer that either, cause I'm not tryna hear all the YouTube and Google speculators throw in their two cents. But anyway, I have a cousin who became a Mason about a year and a half-two years ago and even shortly before that I had been considering getting into the brotherhood.
So I would ask him from time to time how I can be down. Shortly after, as life finds it's own ways, I found myself at a Lodge of Ancient and Free Accepted Masons.  


August:
So I met with the brothers in August, to discuss a few things as far as being involved was concerned. I met with the Worshipful Master, Senior and Junior Warden, and a few of my (now) other brothers. I was comfortable with them and the idea of being a member of their fraternity. So I came home and waited to be called back.

September:
A short month later, I was accepted into the fraternity and all the beautiful things that can be learned were learned. I used to hear people say things like: "Yeah, Masonry is the most beautiful thing in the world" and men would say "Oh, best thing I ever did with my life," and it's not until you're in it, that you see why. I was never the type to believe the hype that you hear and read on the internet, so I felt I needed to be in it to win it. And, Now I'm in it.

November:
So a few quick months after being accepted, I became a Master Mason. Boy was it hard work, but I made it. For the first time in my life I felt like I was in "School" and actually liking it. All I've learned has been so insightful and fulfilling. I know it sounds a lil over dramatic, but like I said, you gotta be in it to understand where I'm comin from.

So now here I am a Master Mason, I see the world differently than the average. Lol, am I bull shittin? Wouldn't you like to know?

^Peep Game^

November:
Moving on to the very next week following the weekend I became a master, I finally found myself back into the world of regular employment. I had gotten an interview about a month prior to fill the position of 'Mail Clerk' for 'Yahoo,' yes, thee Yahoo, the internet company. Lol people's eye brows tend to go up about an inch when I tell em that and it's always followed by some genuinely interested questioning. For those of ya who have wondered the job is pretty normal. It's a lot to remember but over all its a fairly simply job. I love it so effin much and I'm finally officially out of retail. No more stupid ass customers unfloding all the clothes I've folded, no more stupid questions from people who are too dumb to think for themselves. And Finally I have a desk and a stead 8:30am-5:30pm schedule from Monday to Friday. And let's not forget to add the fact that I get paid a whopping--Hrmph-Hrmph, excuse me..... Lol, yeah wouldn't you like to know? Let's just say I comfortably made Christmas happen for me and my fam.

Speaking of which 
December:
Christmas was pretty coo. I'm older now so it's not as much a big deal as it was when I was a kid, plus for those of us that are old enough, we know, Christmas is the time of year when you become Santa Clause and you go broke. Lol. But it worked out well. I got my brother and myself some Jordans and I got myself some "Beats by Dre"headphones. All in all it was a great holiday.
How was ya Holiday?

^All I want for Christmas^
is You!
I got Mine Nigga! Ha! 

As far as the rest of the year goes, Photography is still going great in case you were wondering. And now with steady pay I can build my empire even faster than before. A trip outta state once or twice. We went to Atlanta, and Ohio. It was a great look. A year older, and wiser, I mean you been reading the blog right? You know how my year has been better than I do! Lol be safe out there folks. They say this is the last year of life (If you believe that.) Just live it up.

Stay Up and Stay Tuned.

No comments: