Monday, December 19, 2011

Carry My Bags

What's going on Bull Penners? I know its been a while and I've been a bit negligent, but it's been because I'm a working man again... Yup, 40 hours a week, Mon-Fri kinda thing. Yeah I know I know, thanks for all the congrats and stuff. Lol. But anyway, we'll discuss that some other time.

So the other day I was scrollin through my FaceBook and realized that a few of the girls on my feeds were pregnant. Big whoop right? I wasn't at all surprised, I mean after all, around these parts every season is mating season. But one in particular definitely caught my eye. Why? I'll tell you why, I was shocked cause this one in particular has got to be on her 5th or 6th child and she's my age (I'm 24 by the way.) To me that's crazy. It wouldn't be as crazy if they were all by the same guy, or even 2 guys but.... You see where I'm going with this right? Shit just aint cute no more.
Right, so anyway, this post is not about pregnancy and young girls with Brady Bunch families. It's more about the guys that deal with them, but more so about me.
See at one point, I would say maybe 2 or 3 years ago I was the guy that always said "I would never deal with a girl who got a kid/kids" and believe me I meant that. But then the other day I was thinkin how un realistic that can be. Granted it's not unrealistic at all, there is probably more single women without children then there is with, however, taking into consideration my environment and the women I'm attracted to, it's quite a task finding these gems. Allow me to explain. See naturally I tend to find myself attracted to women older than me, and most of the young women these days are pregnant by the time they're 17 or 18. So if you do the math, by the time I come across them they already have kids that are at least 7 or 8 years old. Lol.
And I used to think to myself, the reason I cant deal with a girl that got children is cause I'm not a fan of the idea of raising someone else's kids. I mean I don't even wash dishes that I didn't eat in, imagine raising the next mans seed.
But I guess part of getting older is a change in mindset. I say that because now I be thinkin, "Damn she bad.... Oh she got a kid? Aight well, let's see what's up." Granted I still have my reservations, and there's no way its gonna be anything further than just sex if she got 2 or 3 kids and better. See there were a few reasons I felt I couldn't commit to the mother of a child without a father. Primarily there was the fear of becoming attached to both of em and then having to break up with two people and not just one. Then there was always the fact that I don't wanna have to deal with another nigga that has to be in my lady's life regardless of anythin. And overall, call me old school but I feel that whatever kid I have should be the first for me and the female involved. All that good stuff. Now it's more like that saying "Any man can raise his kids, it takes a real man to take care of someone else's" That used to just be bullshit to me, but now it just may be what it is. I mean, it can't be that bad right? A lot of men have raised other peoples children, and those children eventually call those men "Dad." I guess what I'm saying is, I can understand how some dudes end up step fathers and I realize now that my thoughts might have been borderline fantasy, only time will tell if I become a step father someday, as for now I just know that my mind has changed a bit.
But for all of ya with multiple children and multiple baby fathers and babies on the way, USE SOME FUCKIN CONDOMS! Especially if you Mexican! Next time I get on the train and see an entire row of Mexican kids with a pregnant Mexican mother woman and a stroller at the end I'm gonna lose my mind. But I digress... I feel I made my point. Be safe ya!

Stay Up and Stay Tuned

No comments: