Thursday, October 20, 2011

Club DJ Lifestyle (Independent Woman)

What's going on Bull Penners? This one is a topic that I was saving for a video blog or an episode of "Bull for Mylez" but I been itchin to let it out for so long that I can't wait any longer. In fact, I'll probably still use it in a video blog but for now let me rock here. (Please be advised this is gonna be one of those topics that may pinch a nerve, if you're gonna be sensitive about it, close out this page NOW!)

This topic is about the "Independent Woman" in America.... Yeah, I got your attention now right? Lol, go have a seat and let this one sink in properly.
So I log on to Facebook (which for some strange reason has me "Subscribed" to half of my friends list, FB, please get ya shit together) and I come across a friends status update, rather, her update came across me. Among other things it read something along the lines of "We crush a man's ego everyday when we say "I don't need you" Hmmm.... I got the (Ed Lover "C'Mon Son") face on right now, so you know I'm serious here. Lol
Granted, I'm not sure what her inspiration for the post was, so I won't speak of her any longer, however I will speak about the North American "Independent Woman" as a whole. Now, it's 2011, if I had to put any money on this, I'd say that the "Independent Woman" came about somewhere around the year 2000. That's right, shortly after Beyonce and Destiny's Child released "Independent Woman" (the song) it became the anthem and the lifestyle choice for every woman, young lady, bird bitch, and or any other female in this country. A nigga couldn't compliment a woman on her shoes without her throwing it in his face that she bought them herself with her own hard earned money because she was Independent. Okay mama, I hear you, relax tho.
I hate to say it like this, but we live in a society, where music leads the masses. It's the reason many people dress the way they do, the reason why some fellas drive the cars they do and the reason why people order the bottle of liquor that they do at the club. In fact, it's the reason why people order bottles at the club at all. I feel like at one point it was okay to just buy individual drinks but if you don't have a waitress bringing sparkles to your table these days, I guess it means you ain't doing nuttin with your life. Pfst, Niggas I tell you. I hate to say it, but so many of you are sheep! Men and women alike. Don't front ladies, wether you choose to admit it or not, or wether you even realize it or not your life or many aspects of it is/are heavily based on something you copied from your favorite singer or celebrity. Oh, that's not true? How many of ya rockin a Cassie, Rihanna, or Amber Rose haircut right now? Stop It! You know damn well I'm giving it to you raw right now. However, I digress, we talkin about the Independent woman in particular.
So first Destiny's Child decided to release the record "Bills, Bill, Bills" in which these bitc..... Excuse me, woman are asking the men if they are capable of supporting them. What was that for, every woman from the senior citizens down to the 4th grade girls was going around actin like a nigga wasn't good enough unless he had a Benz AND was able to pay for her VoiceStream Wireless phone bill! The fuck outta here! I wasn't old enough to hit the clubs yet, but I'm pretty sure this is when the "Buy me a drink" fiasco got outta hand with these bitc.... Excuse me, woman! So at this point it would seem that the woman had a lil independence but they were pulling a Deebo from Friday and wanted to spend YOUR money! Lol, Comical shit if you ask me.
But whatever, that was 99... At the turn of the millennium it was all about "I can do this by myself, I don't need a man" and for the passed 11 years that's been the case!

And fellas, keep it real with me, the Club DJ's make situations worse. You can't party for an hour without the DJ droppin the beat and saying some shit like "Ladies, if you got a job and you got your own crib, and you know you paid for those shoes with your own damn money make some noise right now" at this point the ladies go ape shit throwing there hands up. So you would think that would be enough right? Wrong! Here come the DJ again "Ladies, if you know you don't need no man cause you drive your own car, and you pay your own bills and you taking care of your kids by yourself, make some Mother Fuckin noise right now" All the girl get on there "AaaaaaaaooowwW" shit, throw there hands up, slap there besties a Hi-5 and at this point they lookin at all the men in the room like they about to riot and revolt against us. So as men we thinkin aight he's done, he's about to get back to the music. But nope, wrong again, here comes the DJ AGAIN! "Ladies, if you don't need your baby father cause you know you got the Dildo in the top drawer and you can fuck yourself, never mind what he can provide for you and your kids MAKE SOME MOTHER FUCKIN NOISE RIGHT NOW!!" Drops mad bombs and shit, at this point the Ladies are dumb HYPE! And you standing there like "Well damn homie, who's team you playin for?" He goes back to playing a song and just like that, there is not a bitc, excuse me, woman who will even look at a man in the club, let alone dance with him..... What did I miss here? Lol, you standin there with your mans like "Ayo man, let's get outta here, the DJ must not have a penis and he just fucked the game up for those of us who do"

Ladies, hear me out here. Ya know I don't like to speak for anyone but myself, but I think I can safely speak for the fellas as a whole when I say this: We sincerely respect the fact that you are independent, nothing is more attractive than a shorty that can do for herself, hold herself down etc. etc. etc. But let's not go too far and act like you don't NEED a man. And when I say "need" I'm not saying you need a man to buy you a drink at the club, yeah we know, you got that. I don't mean you need a man to pay your phone bill, yeah we know, you got that. I don't mean you gonna die without a man, because we've seen ya, time and time again, raising your children alone, paying your rent, bills and car note alone. And we respect that truly we do. But all I'm sayin is stop frontin. You don't wanna die an old lady alone in her bed. A man naturally wants to do for his lady. A man wants to be able to provide for his lady. So a nigga steppin up and saying "Don't worry babe, I got this one" is not tryna clip your wing and stoppin you from flying, he's simply saying, "I'm doing this because I WANT to do it, or because you deserve it" xyz, this that and the third. Feel me? And I know ya sittin there thinkin this is an ego trip, It's not! I'm just being real, the same way men need women, women need men. If you being stubborn and you don't wanna agree just for the sake of being content in your own arrogance then by all means be my guest. But you know I'm right.
Especially if you so happen to be the one asking a nigga "Can you pay my bills" in '99 and six months later in 2000 it was all about you being Independent. Ladies, stop lettin Beyonce or any other singer/celebrity put the battery in your back. If you really as strong as you say you are, then be your own woman and set your own standards, don't wait to hear them coming through the speakers of your car while you drivin to work.
I hope I haven't been misunderstood. This is a topic that's been heavy on my chest for years now and I just had to get ot off.
So to you independent women out there, keep doing your thing mama, but don't be SO independent that you push every great prospect away thinkin "Oh nah, she don't need no love and affection, she has money and a great job....." Cause I'm sure that's not what you really want. I mean think about it, Even Beyonce has Hov. Lol! Imma leave ya with that one.

Stay Up and Stay Tuned.

7 comments:

Roxanna said...

Loved it! #PREACH! And you are 100% right - women need men just as much as men need women. Woman was created from the rib of man - why would we NOT want to seek companionship in eachother? Cut the hype! We can most def do it on our own, but why allow that to be our only option... Speak on it!

"If you really as strong as you say you are, then be your own woman and set your own standards, don't wait to hear them coming through the speakers of your car while you drivin to work" <<-- Love this

Eno Bull said...

LOL, THANKS A MIL CUZZO... YOU SEE: "but why allow that to be our only option..." THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT! THAT'S ALL I'M SAYIN!

Eno Bull said...

THIS IS MY SIS-IN-LAW'S EISH'S RESPONSE TO THE BLOG POST:

Bra-effin-oooo!!! First of the whole independent thing came about in the 90's there was this song called " I'm a 90's girl" (love that song btw).... Second! Yeah the DJ is a A-hole for that because you hit the nail right on the head with the way you described the scene! & it's funny cause they be all amped in the club but at the end of the night when you lying in the bed ALONE.... all the nonsense the DJ was talking went completely out the window. Now... Yes I would considermyself an independent women.., but independence to me is being able to not only provide for myself but being comfortable enough as WOMEN to display a level of submissiveness (made that wrd up) to my man! Being independent means that you no longer live by society's rules but your own... Hence if you walking around following behind the media you are FAR from independent as a matter of fact your are dependent on the media to dictate how "they" think you carry yourself! I've always paid my own bills and had my own but it took me a loooong time to become "independent" and I'm still a work in progress!!

M33KS::4::MVS!C said...

Awesome! Man it’s so true that men want to be that provider {and even protector}. Honestly, I feel like if a woman’s primary reason for living is just to show that she can do for herself, something went wrong somewhere. That’s not all we were placed on this earth to do. Everyone wants to be independent and climb the staircase of success and all that, but if a woman claims she doesn’t need a man, she’s lying to herself. A woman will do all that talkin, but behind closed doors stuff gets real and she’s wondering why her ass is single Lol. Ms. Independent, how bout you step back and allow these men to feel MANLY {but appreciated}. Let your guard down cuz believe it or not, they actually enjoy spoiling their lady here and there. Be cherished!

Eno Bull said...

PRECHS MEEKS! PREACH! I SAID "SAY IT AGAIN!" LOL THAT'S ALL I'M SAYIN: I MEAN IF YOU SO INDEPENDENT THEN I TAKE IT YOUR SHORT ASS DON'T NEED ME TO REACH FOR THE THINGS HIGH UP IN THE KITCHEN CABINET, YOU DON'T NEED ME TO KILL THE BUGS IN THE BATHROOM. LORD FORNID SOMETHING SERIOUS SHOULD GO DOWN LIKE BEING ASSAULTED IN AN ALLEY SOMEWHERE. SHOULD I JUST WALK BY AND THINK: "OH NO, SHE'S INDEPENDENT, SHE CAN FIGHT THAT GROWN MAN OFF. ALL I'M SAYIN IS THE LADIES GOTTA PUT THE PRIDE ASIDE AND LET MEN BE MEN FOR THEM.

Whitney said...

laughin very loud @ the alley scene and saying "she's an independent woman she can fight that man by herself" lol you are hilarious... Just a side note: there is slightly a shortage in men that actually want to be men these days. Because of the videos and the songs a lot of "guys" are slacking and wanting to kick back and see what a woman can do for them seeing what they can make a woman do, hence we had the "no scrubs" epedemic. It's a bad cycle but thank god there are a few good men left.

Eno Bull said...

THERE IS A FEW GOOD ONES LEFT WHITNEY, AND IT'S JUST A MATTER OF GIVING THEM A CHANCE WHENEVER THEY COME AROUND. YEAH THERE ARE THE FEW THAT WANT TO SEE WHAT'S GOOD WITH BEING LOOKED AFTER HOWEVER THAT'S A WHOLE DIFFERENT POST ALL TOGETHER, LOL. THANKS FOR COMMENTING ON THE POST LOVE.