Saturday, July 2, 2011

Times are Changing

Or is it people who are changing? Lol

Sup World? How ya been? I'm back with another one, so pull up a seat and enjoy.
So the other day a person that I know, (who shall of course remain nameless) became the topic of discussion in a conversation I was having with my friends. This person is now a member of a different religion than he or she was raised in. Which is just fine by me, I couldn't care less what religion a man is, whatever works for you... This person is not much of a preacher but at least in one moment in time he or she did tell me that something I was doing was wrong.... (Confused face here.) Now naturally, I understood what he or she was saying, but with all due respect, what you were doing prior to becoming "Enlightened" and what not was not much different.

But we'll come back to that....

Moving on to another page in the same story: I was on the block the other day when I ran into a senior Hoodrat. For those of you who don't know, a "Senior Hoodrat" is what I call any hoodrat older than 30. More often than not, they still partake in any and all hoodtat activities. Fucking the owner of the corner store, getting in fights, having kids after menopause (don't ask me how she did that) etc. etc. But I digress. I ran into this senior hoodrat that was in town visiting family. See she moved away from NY about 2 or 3 years ago and I guess it was for the better, however, without even being asked she made it her business to tell me how much she doesn't wanna be here anymore. She's been here (visiting) for a few weeks and wants to go (to her new) home because people here (in the Bronx) "don't change, don't grow up, and the only place they chill is in front of their buildings." WHOOOAAAAHH! You might want to tell that high ass horse of yours to slow down baby. Cause just before you decided to leave the state you were doing the same thing. I done seen you out here with your hair in rollers and a scarf numerous times....

So, I started to think about it and I spoke to Mylez about these incidents, and he being the very positive and bright side see-er that he is, he said something that I kinda thought myself. He said that people change and sometimes it's for the better and seeing that makes them want to bring people with them to their side of the fence.
Truth be told, I agreed with that. What I don't agree with is you preaching to me about calling women "bitches" when, if memory serves me correct I learned from you... Further more, it's only been 4 months since you last used the word yourself. I can respect the fact that you've found a quiet, peaceful residence where neighbors take their children to the park. But don't look down on me for chillen on the stoop, cause if memory serves me correct, you were just sitting here with me a year ago in your beach chair, hiding your open liquor container when the police was driving by.

Yes, I like to spend some of my summer evening on the stoop with my homies, yes, I do disrespect females who disrespect themselves. Yes I still enjoy watchin a stripper shake her ass on stage. That doesn't make me some sort of animal, simply makes me different than you this week. So don't come down on me, you were riding shot gun with me just a few months ago. You may be clean now but you had to wash off all that dirt to get there.

I guess it's not what you say, but how you say it. And above all else, remembering where you came from. You may not be proud of your past, or where you grew up. You may not be proud of the things you used to do, and that's just fine if you've corrected those mistakes, but you have to realize that those things can't be changed. Looking down on those who were around and with you in those stages of your life only makes you come off as a stuck up, arrogant prick. I mean I'm sure if I decided to go down a different path in life I would want my peers to join me, but the key is not to force it down anyone's throat.
So remember folks, nothing at all wrong with change, especially if it's for the better, but please, don't make me feel like I'm wrong for not changing with you. Remember I was there when you were a hooligan, a criminal, and or a bird, you don't want me to tell all your new friends who you were 2 or 3 years ago do you? Lolol...

Stay Up and Stay Tune Ya...

3 comments:

Angel said...

True & Real as usual! I love ur posts Bull & even got my mom reading them now! GREAT STUFF!

Eno Bull said...

THANKS A MIL ANG. I APPRECIATE THAT. BUT LET YOUR MOM KNOW THAT THERE'S OFTEN FOUL LANGUAGE HERE. DISCLAIMERS ARE IMPORTANT.

CrockettRules said...

I find it best just to stare at people and listen to what they're saying. Normally I'm just trying to figure out why god has me talking to this person!