Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sofia's Tattoo Story

One month away from that 1 year Anniversary of my "Unofficial Month of Art and Photography" here on Tha Bull Pen! Damn A Year already? Time effin flies yo... But anyway I was thinkin I've given ya few tattoo stories thus far, (The one about my Guardian Angels, the one of Life and Death, and the one of Pain being Only Temporary) So seeing as how I am a working piece of art and don't plan on stopping anytime soon I would share some more with ya while I'm still "in progress." You effin with me? I'm sure you are.

So today's is pretty simple... I have no problem admittin that I'm a huge Momma's boy (Love You Mom! lol I had to throw it in there) I'll be 24 in August and I still consider my mom to be one of my best friends, if not the best. I never went through one of those "Sheesh, don't kiss me in public, you're so embarrassing" phases as a kid. Nor did I go through the "Dammit I hate you mom, you're ruining my life" stage in my teen years. Mom dukes always been coo, we've had are disagreement of course, like my tattoos being one of them lol. But don't sit there and lie to me by tellin me you never had a few quarrels with your mom. Anyway for my 20th birthday I decided to treat myself to a new tat as I try to do every year (prepare yourselves for the 24th anniversary of life tat!) Naturally I had a billion ideas and spots on my body ready to be done (pause) but instead of gettin that Lion or starting my second sleeve, I though "Let me get something for mom" At the time the idea of her portrait was already in my head but I didn't have the right picture yet. So I went with her name. I called my Ace Mylez and told him we were headed to Harlem, that's where i was getting my tats at the time.


I told My artist what I wanted, simple enough he traced it out and had it done in about 15 minutes. I was a satisfied customer.

Peep:
^20th Birthday Gift from me^
to Me.

Lol I remember when mom saw it she was pissed! She didn't care that it was her name she was just mad that I was staining my body with permanent ink.... But she of course got over it and if memory serves me correct this was the one that made her realize I wasn't stoppin anytime soon. She claims to hate em but if I know her like I know I know her she loves this one in particular lol.
So what's next? Well this arm (Right) has a lot of untouched space. so I'm gonna fill those areas in with clouds and stuff, and around moms name I'm gonna have rays of light shining through the clouds. Feel me? So that's today's tattoo story... I have grandma's name, baby Tamara's name, and Mommy's name.... Pretty soon I'm getting my other grandma's name as well. Aside from them no other woman's name will ever grace the surface of my skin with ink, permanent or otherwise. lol. later fam!

Stay Up, Kiss you Mothers and Stay Tuned!

2 comments:

M33KS::4::MVS!C said...

Lol Love it.."If I know her like I know I know her..." Lol I'm sure this one IS her fav..

I still want mine..Been thinkin about finding something really meaningful and finding a GREAT artist, not a good one (like you told me)..We'll see what happens..I'm excited!

Eno Bull said...

INDEED! LOL, THANKS FOR THE COMMENT AND YEAH FIND A GREAT ARTIST... THIS IS WHY WE HAVE THE INTERNET TO HELP WITH THINGS LIKE THIS. SO BY THE TIME YOU FIND THAT SOMETHING MEANINGFUL YOU GOT A DOPE PERSON TO BRING IT TO REALITY ON YOUR SKIN.