Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sofia's Child

SUP YA'LL!
So back in January my lil bruh turned 19... Ever since he was 17 I had been promising him that I would get him his first tattoo. Not only did I tell him I'd take him for his 18th birthday, but I designed the piece that he would get (with his approval of course.) Well his 18th birthday came and I was out of a job, so any money I had saved def wasn't going toward a tattoo... But I did promise him so you know I had to/wanted to/was going to deliver. Some time passed and still no tattoo. So in the few weeks prior to his birthday (January 29th) I hustled however possible and got some money together so that I would be able to surprise him with some ink on his birthday.

So the surprise worked out great (I'm a dope surprise planner by the way.)  On his actual birthday we got to do the whole outline of the tat. A few weeks later we came back for the shading, and I must say, I'm jealous that I don't have a Tattoo like that on my chest lol.

So quick breakdown: The piece is a shield with the letter "R" (of course the initial for Rudy, his name) and on both sides are the numbers "29" and "92". These two number represent his birthday 1/29/92. The shield has wings coming out of it just cause he and I love wings and we felt it was a great visual to incorporate into it. Underneath it all is a ribbon which initially said "One" to represent the first month, but we both thought that was kinda whack and was pushing the birthday thing too far. So we decided that a good way to incorporate mom's name into his first tattoo, which will probably be one of just a few anyway, would be to put "Sofia's Child" into the ribbon. And so that's what we did. [ATTENTION: REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU JUST READ THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT I AM A TATTOO DESIGNER AND I'D APPRECIATE NOT BEING HIT UP FOR IDEAS! LOL]
Great work by none other than Matt. By now if you don't know who I'm talkin bout you just aint been listenin! Lol But before I make this a long ass post just watch the video I put together of it all.


^I'm very proud of this video^

Aside from it being a somewhat tangible representation of the whole experience itself, (me gettin lil bro a tat for his birthday, the surprise etc.) It's the first video I put together myself. With a lil help from Buddy Mylez of course, but you know.... lol. So I hope you enjoyed it. Watch out or us in our V-Neck tees this summer.

Stay Up and Stay Tuned.

No comments: