Thursday, April 15, 2010

True to my Roots

What's goin on folks? How are all my Bull Penners doin?
I was sittin here at home listening to music when "What They Do" by the roots came on. Immediately, I remembered the video to the song... Do you remember it?

If you don't, here check it out and then we can discuss it:
What They Do - The Roots

(I would have posted the Vevo version, but it didn't have the captions and I felt that defeated the whole purpose of the video)

Did you see it?
This is quite possibly one of the greatest Hip-Hop videos of our time. The reason I say it is because aside from the great song, The Roots weren't scared to make fun and expose their peers in an artistic way. The captions in the video pretty much represent how I feel about a lot of the things the people of my generation do, it's relevant in more than just videos.

So often I think to myself "Yea? well why would you do it that way?" Or things of a similar nature. Now that i think about it, that's the whole reason i started this blog. This Blog is my "What they Do" video. That is in no way me trying to say I'm better than anyone or trying to put anyone else down, it's simply my way of saying that my train of thought is different than most. I've been told many times before that I am an "Old Soul" and I embrace that, I actually take pride in that and appreciate people noticing and saying so.

This is why I decided to blog about this video, my hats go off to The Roots for not allowing themselves to fall under the same category as all the other rappers when making this video. For not being scared to be different in any way.

Well, I hope ya enjoyed my post. be back with another one soon.

Stay Up and Stay Tuned

2 comments:

☆Reese said...

I LOVE that song and video. I hate to sound cliche but DO YOU! You're absolutely right..nobody thinks or writes like you and that's what makes you one of my favorite people in general.

Eno Bull said...

AWWWWWWW. THANKS A MIL LOVE, AND THANK YOU, I APPRECIATE YOU NOTICING MY ORIGINALITY AND DOIN ME IS ALL I CAN, EVER COULD AND EVER WILL DO. DESPITE WHAT ANYONE SAYS OR FEELS, I WILL ALWYAS BE ENO AND THAT WILL BE REFLECTED IN MY WRITING.