Monday, August 10, 2009

Is this Politically Correct?

Welcome back Folks!

One thing you should know about your Host (myself) is that I am a firm believer in practicing discretion, but speaking my mind has always been encouraged by my mom.

Lately tho I've been thinking: Whats so wrong with saying certain things? See I was just sitting around on the stoop the other day when one of my boys (who shall remain nameless) asked a young lady from the neighborhood "Can I touch your Butt? I'm not gonna squeeze it or rub it, I just want to put my hand on It" She laughed hysterically but eventually caved in and said "Okay" and pointed her rump in the direction of my homeboy's hand. I jokingly asked "Whats up? Can, I get next?" she said yes, but that's neither here nor there! lol

The point of my post is simple. As people living in a new era, we shouldn't be so quickly offended by things so small as words... I mean think about it, they teach us the rhyme at an early age "Sticks and Stones may break my Bones, but words will never hurt me." This quote does today and always will stand to be true. My boy's question/statement led me to think a whole bunch of other things to say to women. With ALL due respect of course but taboo things nonetheless.

So I decided to take this to the streets (FaceBook) and asked the ladies: "Would it really be that bad if I said: 'I'd really like to see you naked?" This immediately struck fire and grew to something big lol. Today I posted another one of the same kind! It seems most people find it humorous but still would rather not hear certain things be said. My one and only question ladies, is "WHY?" C'mon people, words are just and always will be, Just words. If I said "I'd love to see you naked" I am not suggesting that you disrobe before me, nor am I saying I will see you naked, I'm just saying what I'm thinking. Not that that's always right either but I'm just saying that certain things should not be taken so serious nor taken too far.

At the end of the day, you should know that I am a respectful young man ho loves women and would never intentionally disrespect any one of them. Chances are I won't approach you and tell you or ask you the thing's I've said unless I already know you, but keep an open mind, sometimes its as simple as ignoring what someone says. Do you really want your day ruined by word?

Lemme know how you feel folks!
Stay Up, and Stay Tuned...

2 comments:

☆Reese✮ said...

I say things like that all the time so I guess it really wouldn't bother me lol. Being politically correct is boring. Nothing wrong with being completely honest with a person! Imagine how boring life would be if we ALL walked around censoring ourselves? BLAH!
I think it's really all in the delivery..you can't be lookin' all demented saying something like that..gotta keep it smooth lol.

Doubt I've ever told you...but your blog is definitely in my Top 5 Faves!

Eno Bull said...

LOL, FULLY AGREED WITH IT ALL. AND THANKS FOR MY SPOT IN THE TOP 5, YOURS AINT SO BAD EITHER. I DON'T HAVE A TOP 5 YET, BUT I'M SURE YOUR IN IT! KEEP STAYIN UP AND STAYING TUNED!