Sunday, July 19, 2009

Life!

Today I saw a little girl, no older than 5 clutched in her mothers arms having a Seizure. It was very scary and left me a bit shook up.

Scene: I'm Standing on W. 140th St. in Harlem working with Chris and a client. He had just finished snapping pics by the Big L Mural when (what seemed to be) out of nowhere a young lady is walking with 3 little girls, one of which she was carrying. Like a stiff doll the little girl was being carried as her body laid straight and shaking, not realizing what was going on I dismissed it. The mother who had been walking quietly although seemingly worried, snapped out of the trance that her fear had put her in and yelled out "She's having a Seizure please Help me! CAN YOU PLEASE STOP A CAB?!

Immediately everyone attention was directed towards trying to stop a cab. And as if it were scripted; like a Guardian Angel falling from the heavens came a Taxi Cab... We quickly flagged him down and yelled "Harlem Hospital, Now" the lady jumped in, and behind her stiff with fear the other 2 girls were hesitant, but after being pushed and encouraged to "Go with your Mommy" they jumped in the cab, Chris repeated: "Harlem Hospital, and take that Light" an older gentleman on the corner must have seen the ordeal unfold and told the driver the same "C'mon let's go, forget the light, just Go!" The tires screeched and the car was quickly out of sight. :Scene

Shortly after it happened I no longer gave it thought, but now that I'm here not doing very much it has hit me. I'm worried about the little Girl, I wonder if all turned out well, and I'm praying for her and her family. In part the situation has hit me so hard because it reminds me of my baby Cousin Tamara, who almost 7 years ago lost her life to an illness that even Doctors didn't recognize. Tamara was just at the tender age of 5. The loss hit my family hard, but above all else, it nearly destroyed my aunt (Her Mom).

Today when I witnessed this, I saw my cousins face in the little girl and it all reminded me yet again how fragile and sometimes how extremely short life is. Its especially sad when the person losing their life is a person who has barely begun their life in the first place. Just Thank The Lord Above every day that your still here. I know that's what I do.

Stay Up and Stay Tuned Folks!

2 comments:

M33KS::4::MVS!C said...

This was definitely touching..For one, I'm studying nursing so it made me realize how much I'll love my job..Also, I had my own thoughts about how short life is as I remembered that one of our family friends would have been 45 yesterday if cancer hadn't taken her life late last year..I'll definitely continue to thank God each day He gives me breath because He doesn't have to..

Eno Bull said...

VERY TRUE, I FULLY AGREE. MY UNCLE WILL BE GONE 2 YEARS NEXT MONTH AND I CAN STILL REMEMBER HIM WALKING AROUND BEFORE HE WAS SICK AS IF IT WERE YESTERDAY. BUT I'VE HEARD IT BEEN SAID THAT GOD TAKES ALL THE GOOD ONES FIRST.