Saturday, March 7, 2009

Past&Future Fashion (Marty McFly)

Aight so to those of you who don't know, my Top 2 favorite movies of all Time are 'The Lion King' and 'Back to the Future part II'.

Today's Post is of the ladder.
Quick Back Story: The movie released in 1989, so me being 3 years old I don't remember seeing it at the time. But by 1992 the VHS cassette had been out for 2 years or so, I was 5 and you could NOT get me to stop watching it. It was originally my uncles movie but till this day I have it because I would always cry when he tried to get it back. I used to drive my Uncle and grandmother CRAZY watching it because I'd watch it at least 3 times a day, but that's all besides the point.

The reason I wanted to Blog about it was because one thing that I've always admired about the movie was the Costume Designer's vision for the characters. Me being an aspiring fashion designer (Start and own my own clothing line) and photographer its only natural that I notice the little things as such. Marty McFly played by Michael J. Fox was the cool 17-Year-Old who hung out with "Doc" Emmet Brown played by Christopher Lloyd a scientist who built a Time Machine out of a 1983 Delorean. In the first movie they went back to the past from 1985 to 1955, but in the sequel they went to the future to the year 2015.

Upon arriving to 2015, Doc Brown suggested that Marty change into future clothes. Now you all know I'm a huge sneaker fanatic, so seeing Marty "Lace" up a modern day pair of Nikes with Power laces was something that made me wish I was already in the future so that I can buy my own pair. But the sneakers weren't all, The Red, automatic drying Jacket, which went quite well with the simple Red T-Shirt was also something that made me think: "Wow the future is gonna be so cool". Kudos to Alan Silvestri & Joanna Johnston the Costume designers responsible for the first movie and the sequel. The reason I also mention the first is because Marty's main outfit and one of the Jackets he wore in the 1955 setting of the movie were simple yet eye catching, and that's what I strive for when I get dressed, what I in vision for my own clothing line. So with all that said I Hope ya Enjoy some of these pics from the movies.

^Poster/Cover^
to
Back to the Future Part II.

^Marty checkin out his^
2015 Nikes.
Automatic Laces.

^SICK^
Hyperdunks don't even begin
to match up!

^Marty McFly^
The REAL MARTY McFLY
Red Undershirt, White squared design button-up shirt,
Jean Jacket under The Bubble vest.
(Not Pictured)
Finished off by blue Jeans and some Nikes that appeared to Be Cortez'

^1983 Delorean^
Turned into a Flying Time Machine
By Dr. Emitt Brown
Tell Me you aint wanna drive this Bad Boy!

^Automatic, Drying and adjustable Jacket^
worn by Marty in Part II. Dope concept
Ill Jacket.

^Leather&Clothe Material^
jacket worn by Marty in Part I
Grey and Burgundy TOUGH!

Stay Up and Stay Tuned!
Unless Your Chicken! lol.

No comments: