Monday, March 16, 2009

First Sunday

Can the Church say Amen?

What's going on folks? I know its been a while, but I'm sure the lack of posting built anticipation. Well I'm back and I'm here with a story to tell. First of all my weekend was real coo. I came home from work to my new phone, chilled with the fellas, Danced to Buddy's music in a club after seeing a dike fight a bouncer, Took my Cuzzo Hernan to my Tattoo Shop to price his first piece (Check out his Blog to read about it--I''ll be speaking more on it later in the week) and it all came together today with an unexpected trip to Church.

Lets go back to this morning: I woke up today to the sound of my phone ringing and on the other side It was my homegirl Bebe. I was supposed to go with her to her Church for some College student event that was going down, but I couldn't make it because I had no money to travel.... so after going back to sleep I was contacted by my homie Chris (http://cfkphotography.carbonmade.com/ the amazing photographer that a lot of you already know I have been working with for a while) and he asked me to join him at an event that was happening at 4. To my surprise the event was a Youth Sermon at Calvary Baptist Church in Queens. (Shout out to my people in Queens, My 'Boobie Cat'-I miss you Baby and Kya-Where you hiding cutie?)

Now I haven't been to Church besides funeral services in YEARS, but the reason for that is a completely different story all together. So being there gave me an unexplainable feeling. But once the Sermon began I was literally moved like I never have been before. Now for those of you who have never been to a black Baptist Church, its like a concert celebrating God lol. The pastor began speaking about things and I swore he was talking to me. He mentioned such things like the youths emphasis on their "Swagger" here on earth, when its the Swag that leads to heaven that's important. This pastor gave me everything from the word of the Lord to an in-depth review of T.I.'s Latest album lol. I literally can't begin to explain how well this man preached and how much he moved me, so I wont try. I just wanted to share with you how good I felt to be in Church again. Despite the 4 hour duration of the service, The pastors Jokes, the Choirs music, and the Brooklyn Visiting congregation's children getting Light and doing the 5G's (Both heavy street dances) kept me entertained and made me think "maybe I need to come back to Church" well it was a great day, and all I could think to myself is what Mylez tells me all the time: "There's no such thing as Coincidences" I couldn't make it to Bebe's Church although I wanted to, but ended up being picked up and driven by Chris to a different Church to "work". Its almost as if I was meant to be in a Church today and that's exactly what happened.

It was a great Sermon, and a Great day, that topped off a great weekend.
Stay Tuned for more on my Weekend. I might have some Pics from Perse's Party and my homie Dirt's Girl's party.

Well Stay Up and Stay Tuned!

No comments: